Music Chamber is seeking an enthusiastic Marketing and Sales Intern to promote its record label, website and concerts. You will be expected to work one day a week in Notting Hill on mondays from 10am to around 5pm - starting ASAP. The position is unpaid, but commission is available on advertising sales, travel exs remunerated and you will be well fed! Objectives are:
• Increasing hits to our website by informing the public of freely available musical content
• Increase audience numbers at our concerts through local media and leafleting
• Develop a journalist contact database to get our albums reviewed and publciised
• Sell advertising on our site to local businesses and music associated companies on 20% commission
• Expose our YouTube channel, Facebook page and Twitter feed to a wider audience
• Getting musicians and audience to actively participate in our forum, which you will moderate.
• Any other viral or cost free publcity stunts you can think of!
You should have a keen interest and educational qualifications in Marketing/PR. You should be strongly motivated to increase sales. You must be familiar with Mac Computers and have basic skills in using Office type programmes like Word and Excel. Good inter personal skills and telephone manner are essential. You should have an interest in and some basic knowledge of classical chamber and jazz music. You will be expected to help out at concerts from tea making to artist assistance.
Please drop an email to me (Richard Carruthers) at email@example.com with your experience and interests. This will be a fun placement with varied PR experience & opportunities to make money if you deliver revenue.